Evarkkum Ente Hridhayam Niranja VISHU Aasamsakal.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat one 9-inch square pan and one 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take oil, eggs, egg whites, strawberry gelatin, 1/2 cup strawberries, milk and cake mix in a bowl and mix till all blends well.
- Divide the batter and pour it into the two prepared pans.
- Bake the mixture prepared above for around 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick on the baked batter and check whether it comes out clean.
- If it comes out clean, then the batter is ready to be transferred and store it in a room temperature.
- Keep the square cake on large plate and cut the round cake into two half.
- Place each half with cut side next to square side; remember to trim the corners and by this the heart shaped cake is ready.
- Frost the prepared heart cake with Strawberry Frosting by covering the cake with the blended mixture of butter, confectioners’ sugar and remaining frozen strawberries.
- Yummy heart cake is now ready to serve!!!!!!!!!!
Through out the coming year may your life be filled with celebration of happiness…
Let us all welcome 2012 with our hands and hearts open and wish this year will be the best for us and everyone around us.
May this season brings you success, good time and happiness!!!!
Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!!
The name Diwali is itself a contraction of the word “Deepavali which means row of lamps.
- May the Divine Light of Diwali Spread into your Life Peace, Prosperity, Happiness and Good Health.
- Fill the Heart with the oil of love.
Place in it the wick of single-pointed mind.
Light it with the Knowledge of Truth and remove
the darkness of ignorance around you.
Just as one lamp can light many lamps; let each
youth kindle this Light in many hearts.
- May you live your life like the festival of Diwali, happy healthy and wealthy.
- May this Diwali brings you all joy, health and wealth and also this festival brighten up you and your near and dear ones lives.
- May the Diwali light show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace and harmony.
- Fortunate is the one who has learned to Admire, but not to envy.
Good Wishes for a joyous Diwali and a Happy New Year with a plenty of Peace and Prosperity.
- This Diwali, may you be blessed with good fortune as long as Ganeshji’s trunk, wealth and prosperity as big as his stomach, happiness as sweet as his ladoos and may your trouble be as small as his mouse.
- The happiest of wishes for a Deepawali, that will be happy in every way for someone like you.
WISH U ALL A VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, FANTABULOUS DIWALI 2011.
Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi – nicknamed Tiger Pataudi, former Indian cricket captain was born on 5 January 1941.
Pataudi was the youngest captain at the age of 21 in the Indian cricket team’s history and is regarded as one of the finest ever.
Pataudi has totally played 46 test matches for India from 1961 to 1975 and also captained 40 test matches thereby winning nine of them.
His right eye got damaged in a car crash even then he continued playing and scored 2,793 runs at an average of 34.91 per innings.
This great tiger died on 22nd September 2011 in Delhi Hospital because of lung infection.
Last year i have started my post with this jinulive under the topic My Onam Celebration 2010 and i am glad to share my wishes for the second time continuosly.
Hridhayam Niranja ONAASHAAMSHAKAL.
nairmalyathinteyum pratheekamaya thumbappookkal,
mavelithamburane varavelkunna e sudinangalil …
Ente priya suhruthinu orayiram onashamsakal nerunnu.
Onam Varavayi !!!
I wish you all a very Happy Onam.
Today is Keralites important festival Vishu, let me tell you something about Vishu and the way we celebrated it in our house.
Vishu is a New Year festival celebrated all over in Kerala during the first month of Chingam, the harvest season in Kerala.
The most important event Vishukkani is inseperable from Vishu, the first thing to be seen on the day of Vishu immediately after you wake up.
Vishukkani consists of a formal procedure of arranging items like
- raw rice
- cucumber (should be in golden colour)
- betel leaves
- fruits you wish
- val beans
- konnapoo(konna flowers)
- Metal mirror
- coins, rupee notes
- gold and Nilavillaku(lamp)
Some will keep all these in a uruli(vessel).It is a belief that an auspicious kani sight in the crack of dawn on the Vishu day would prove lucky for the entire year. Hence, Vishukkani is prepared with lot of care to make it the most pleasing and positive sight.
Usually Vishukkani will be prepared on the night before Vishu. The elder woman in the house wakes up early and will lit the lamps by closing her eyes.
She opens her eyes to take a look at the golden scene that spreads in front by the reflection from the cucumber, gold ornaments, bronze mirror, kanikonna flower clusters and the image of Balagopala.
After her Kanikanal gets over, she wakes up other family members one by one and guides them to the Pooja Room to see Kani.
The children are brought keeping their eyes covered by her loving hand or a cloth to prevent them from opening the eyes and see the mundane before seeing the divine.
If people have cattle, thodi(Garden) at home means they will take the Kani uruli finally around the house three times.
The elder one in the family will give Kaineetam to the younger ones.
The kaineetam consists of giving money along with betel leaves, Konna flowers, rice and gold where the rice, betel leaves, Konna flowers and gold are returned.
Saddhya(food) is a major part of all Kerala festivals. But for Vishu, Vishu Kanji and Thoran are more important. The Kanji is made of rice, coconut milk and spices.
All types of tastes should be prepared on that day. Many will prepare Veppampoo rasam(bitter), mango pachadi(sour), pradhaman(sweet), pappadam(salt).
If you desire to wish people in Malayalam spell it as “Yende hrudhayam neranja Vishu dhina aashamshagal”.
I wish you all a very Happy Vishu.