|For Chicken Tikka
- 750 gms of Boneless chicken
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt, Oil as required
- Curd (yogurt)1 cup
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Mustard oil
|For Onion-Tomato Masala
- 3 Chopped Onions
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp Cumin seeds
- ½ roasted cumin powder
- 7-8 cloves of Garlic
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- Butter, as required
- ¼ cup Tomato puree
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Dry fenugreek leaves, roasted and crushed
- ¼ cup Cream
- Ginger, as required
- Mix 1 tbsp lemon juice, chili powder, ginger garlic paste, curry powder, yogurt, salt, Mustard oil and chicken pieces.
- Let the chicken marinate for about three hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers.
- Heat four tablespoons oil on a frying pan and place the skewers on it.
- On by turning the skewers a few times, the chicken gets cooked evenly brown on all sides.
- For onion-tomato masala heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, when they begin to change color add onions and saute till well browned.
- Add garlic cloves, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked completely add salt and mix well.
- Heat butter in another pan and add the remaining ginger garlic paste, tomato puree and saute for two minutes.
- Add half cup of water and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, chili powder, curry powder, salt, coriander leaves, onion-tomato masala and simmer till the gravy reduces a little.
- Allow it to cook for 2 minutes, Add kasuri methi, cream and mix well.
- Remove from heat and garnish it with ginger strips and the remaining coriander leaves.
- Yummy chicken tikka is ready to serve!!!!!!!!!!
Note: If you wish take the pieces off the skewers and place it on a plate.
Big Valentine Cookie
- 1 package refrigerated cookie dough(any flavour)
- Decorator icing (optional)
- Valentine candies (optional)
- Melted chocolate (optional)
- After the dough is well-chilled shape an entire package of cookie dough into heart shape on greased baking sheet.
- BAKE according to package directions, adding 3 to 4 minutes to the baking time on the package.
- Cool on baking sheet for about a minute.
- Carefully loosen cookie with spatula. Cool on baking sheet completely.
- DECORATE with candies, icing and melted chocolate.
- 3 cups bread flour
- Dry yeast ar required
- 1 1/4 cups of warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chopped fresh rosemary as required
- Pizza sauce as required
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ripe tomatoes as required
- 5 slices vegetarian pepperoni
- Sliced black olives
- Place bread flour, yeast, water, and 2 tablespoons olive oil into the bread machine pan.
- Select the Dough setting. Press Start.
- When the dough is finished, squeeze rosemary into the dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Divide the dough into three portions.
- Shape each piece into a heart shape about 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush with remaining olive oil and spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on each pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese over pizza sauce, and arrange tomatoes, pepperoni and sliced olives on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust turns to golden brown.
Heart-in-the Hole Eggs and Toast
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cucumber
- Cherries as required
- Using a 3-inch heart-shaped cutter, or sharp knife, cut heart out of the center of the bread.
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium low heat melt butter.
- Place the bread, heart stencil and cut-out heart in the pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes, or until bread is toasted on one side.
- The cucumber garnish can be cut with a cookie cutter by slicing the cucumber the long way instead of across the length.
- A large cookie cutter can also be used to hold the shape of a “sunny-side up” egg or a poached egg.
- If sunny-side up eggs are not to your liking, then once the egg is set turn over the filled stencil and cook about 1 minute more, or until the yolk is set.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread heart cut-out with jam, if desired.
- Heart-in-the Hole Eggs and Toast is ready to serve!!
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking wild rice
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Light processed cheese as required
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt as required
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Cook rice avoiding salt and fat.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and garlic; saut it for 3 minutes.
- After adding chicken broth and potato bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until potato becomes crisp.
- Combine milk and flour, stirring well with a beater.
- Add the milk mixture to potato mixture.
- Cook all for 5 minutes or until slightly thick by stirring it constantly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, stir it completely until the cheese melts.
- Also stir in rice, chicken, pepper, and salt.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves.
Hot and Yummy soup is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 10 – Pavs (small squares of bread shaped like buns)
- 1 – large potato, boiled and mashed slightly
- 2 cups of mixed boiled vegetables
- 1 – large onion, chopped
- 1 to 1/2 cups – of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 cup of sliced capsicum
- 1 tsp – fennel seeds
- 1 tsp – cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
- Chilli powder as required
- 2 to 3 – green chillies, chopped finely
- 2 to 3 – cloves garlic
- 2 inch – grated ginger ( or you can use one tsp of ginger garlic paste)
- 2 tbsp – pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp – black salt (optional)
- Some butter to cook
- Salt to taste
- Heat about 3-4 tbsp of butter, add onions and saut them till soft.
- Add capsicum to the above mixture and saut for another min.
- Add ginger and garlic along with chilies. Saut for another 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes to it and mix well, till it becomes soft.
- Add the puree along with the spices (including black salt if using) and mix well for another 5-10min till the raw smell of the puree goes away.
- Season with salt.
- Add the boiled vegetables along with the potatoes and mix well.
- If the gravy is thick means add little water to it.
- Let it come to boil and then reduce and let it warm in simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick pan and grease it with butter.
- Take a bun/Pav, slice it in half and cook with butter until it becomes lightly brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with the bhaji(gravy) we prepared.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and lemon slices.
Yummmmmmyyyyyy Pav bhaji is readddddyyyyyyyyyyyyy to serve.
Chopped Onion – 1
Carrot – 250gm
Green Chilli – 2nos
Ginger – 1inch piece
Water – 3cups
Salt, Pepper, – to taste
Cheese cube – 1
Cut the carrot into small pieces. Heat some butter in a pan and saute the onions in it. Add the carrot. After some time add chilly and ginger to it. Put the contents into a pressure cooker and cook . When it cools, grind and sieve the vegetables. Add some water and heat the soup. Before removing from fire add salt and pepper powder to it. Garnish with grated cheese
Many of my friends asked why I am not posting recipes now a days. Here’s the easy vanilla ice cream. Try it. Very easy. Only few ingredients. Taste??? Ek dum first class yaar.
4 cups milk
1 cup milk powder
1/2 tsp. gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cornflour
2-3 drops vanilla essence
1 tsp. butter
Boil 3 cups of milk. Keep aside 1 cup of milk. Mix milk powder, gelatin, sugar and cornflour in 1 cup of milk which is kept aside. Pour it into the boiling milk. Cool it. Add butter and vanilla essence. Keep it in the freezer and take it out only after 1/2 an hour. Put it in the mixer and again in the freezer.
Long time I haven’t post any recipes. Here’s one for you.
Tapyoka is “Kappa” in malayalam. “KAPPA” is considering as a traditional dish of kerala which contains rich protiens and other vitamins. This is an ideal food which can serve with fish cury.
Kappa – 1 Kg
Turmetic Powder – 1/2 tsp
green chilli – 5 Nos.
Garlic – 5 nos
Grated cocunut – 1/2 cup
cocunt oil – 2 tsp
dried red chilly – 2 no.(make small pieces)
2 small onion pieces
Preparing this dish is very easy. Peal the Kappa and boil in sufficient water till become soft(around 15 minuts), drain the water.
make a the paste of garlic, grated cocconut, green chilly, small onions and add the paste to the cooked Kappa along with the turmeric powder. Put a pan on stove and pour the cocunut oil and boil the oil in medium fire, after 1 minute add mustard seeds, dried red chilly, curry leaves and fry all the ingredients. Pour this mixture into tapyoca and mix well. Serve with fish curry and rice.